Thursday, June 4, 2009

JUNE'S ~~ Fire Diva of the Month ~~

Hello Divas...Well, it's that time again...Introducing our FIRE DIVA for the month of June...I had the wonderful pleasure of interviewing Janel from Janeldudleybeads...Here is her interview...
Tell me a little bit about yourself…
I live in Boulder City, NV the town that built the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.
I grew up in San Diego, and have lived in Kentucky, Idaho and Colorado.
I am married to a wonderful man named Dan. We have two cats. No kids, perhaps someday soon.
I am a part time waitress, a part time lampworker, a full time wife and a full time free soul.

What made you want to become a lampwork artist…
I‘ve always had a love for beads. I wanted to learn lampworking so I could make pieces of jewelry look how I really wanted.

How long have you been creating with glass…
In 1997 I took a beginning bead making class with Deb Crowley. She had shown me the basic how-to’s and told me to explore the glass for the next couple of hours. Ever since then I’ve been making beads according to weather/shop conditions.

Where do you find your inspiration…
I think my inspiration mainly comes from the way colors make me feel. Music is also a huge influence, I often find myself working to the beats of songs. People are also a contribution to the way a bead/beads will look like.


What other interests or hobbies do you enjoy…
I love to paint but I haven’t for quite some time, but I do have some paints and canvas stocked so I’ll be ready when the feeling strikes me.
I am a rock hound!
I like classic muscle cars and trucks.
I am fascinated with science and astronomy.

What handmade possession do you cherish the most, if any?
This piece by far! To get this look, I pulled my own millefiori cane using TAG glass. Findings are Swarovski crystals and silver spacers.

Name your 5 favorite books, movies, songs/groups and/or websites besides Etsy…
1. Books: Boys Life
2. Movies: The Big White
3. Music: Classical, jazz, blues, metal

Where can people find your lampwork creations?…
http://www.janeldudleybeads.etsy.com/
http://www.janeldudleybeads.artfire.com/

In 10 years I see myself…
a. Living in a ranch house.
b. Having a dog again.
c. Growing a garden.
d. Metalsmithing and of course lampworking!

4 comments:

  1. janel...thanks for making your interview easy and fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to get to know you, Janel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Eileen. I enjoy getting to know all our Dire Divas.

    ReplyDelete