Monday, March 15, 2010

Diva of the Month - Theresa Ehlers Part 3

This week we get to know the fun side of our current Diva of the Month, Theresa Ehlers of Teasebeads as we ask her ten silly questions.


What is on your nightstand…list everything?
Clock radio, control for the electric blanket, lip balm, tissues, lamp, humidifier. I have allergies.


If we were visiting, and starving and you weren’t home…what could we find in your pantry / fridge to use to whip up a meal?

Tons! Chicken, beef, cheese, soy milk, veggies, fruit, bread, pasta, rice, soup, crackers, bread…I’m sure you could figure out something to make with that!


Favorite color and how does this show up in your bead work?

My favorite color is pink. That’s actually unfortunate in lampworking because it is tough to find a good, deep pink. I have several that I have tried but I haven’t found a favorite yet, so I guess it doesn’t really show up that much. The best way I’ve found to get a good pink is to mix a few different pinks, so when I want to make pink, that is what I do.


Making beads is solitary work. How do you handle that??? If you listen to music / watch videos, please share some of your playlist.

I think one of the things I like the most about lampworking is the fact that it is so solitary! It is my time to myself – no kids crying, asking for something, or hanging on me. It is my time to recharge my “good Mommy” energy. I just listen to my Ipod and get in the zone. As for my playlist, I have everything from the Beetles to Blue October to American Rejects, with some love songs and Barry White thrown in for good measure!


Describe the most fun day you’ve ever had.

My husband and I went to Universal Studios in Florida. It was our first (and only) trip away from our oldest daughter (she was an only child at the time). We spent the day at the park and there weren’t any lines to get on the rides. It was so much fun!



If you had one wish, what would it be???

To sell our house! We need more room.


Who do you most admire in glass and if you could take a class with that person, what would you most want to learn?

I have two. Hayley Tsang is one. Honestly, look at those perfect tubes – and her silver glass! Wow! I am the proud owner of two of her beads. I have a tube and a vessel. The other is Melissa Vess. I love the organic look of her beads.


What is the first thing you do when you get home?

Check my email.

Do you have a day job??? If yes, what is your favorite thing about it???

Does taking care of three kids count? If it does, then my favorite thing about it is hugs!



Name three tv shows you watch but are kind of embarrassed about.

Weeds, Men of a Certain Age, and Spongebob Squarepants.



Teasebeads Etsy Theresa's Twitter


Teasebeads Fan Page Teasebeads on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment