Thursday, April 22, 2010

Diva of the Month Part 4 Susanne Folin

Oh my, time does fly when you are having fun and it's hard to believe April is almost over and we've gotten to know four Fire Divas better. Come read along as we close out April's series with our final interview with Susanne Folin of Bab's Beads.




Which of your secrets do we not know… is there something else you would like us to know about you or your work?
I began lampworking after a long period of serious illness that had driven me into depression. I will always consider the day when I lit the torch for the first time as a turning point in my life! I think creating something touchable is a human need and crucial for your mental health.

How has your work changed since you began?
It’s better! LOL! I’d say it’s crisper and more defined, without really knowing what I mean with that. But I’m controlling my dots and shapes much better now. Also the beads are bigger now. And I can encase beads now!

What is the biggest challenge you want to accomplish in the next few months?
I would love to get my beads and/or jewelry placed in a shop somewhere. A gift shop or a clothes shop. That would be great!


What do you like about being a Fire Diva?
The feeling of belonging to a group is very essential to me. There are not many lampworkers in Sweden and any attempt to form a community has failed so far. It gets at bit lonely! So I was very happy when I received the messages that I could join Fire Divas. It’s like my lampwork family! The best thing with the Fire Divas is the commitment everyone puts into the group. We all do our best to promote each other and the group.









Susanne's Website (Swedish) Susanne's Twitter


Babs Beads Fan PageBabsBeads on Flickr

1 comment: