Thursday, April 15, 2010

Diva of the Month - Susanne Folin Part 3

It's our third visit with April's Diva of the Month, Susanne Folin, and you know what that means... time to get SILLY!


What is on your nightstand…list everything?
A stack of books, foot cream, hand cream, face cream, body lotion, Elisabeth Ardens Eight hour cream (I hate it when my skin goes dry!), a huge glass of water, alarm clock, nose spray (always someone in the family with a cold) pencils, sudokus, ear plugs, earrings, something to put up my hair with. And dust – as it is impossible to clean such a cluttered space!


If we were visiting, and starving and you weren’t home…what could we find in your pantry / fridge to use to whip up a meal?
What do you feel like? I’ve got several sorts of pasta, rice, cous cous, bulgur, quinoa and so on. You can find tins of chick peas, read beans, black beans and corn. Coconut milk, sardines, salsas and tinned mussels. Want some bread? I have several sorts of flour and a package of yeast in the fridge. I always have eggs, some kind of ham, sausage, bacon or kassler (can’t find a translation, but it’s salted outer fillet of pork) in the fridge together with milk, cream, sour cream, different sorts of cheese and lots of seasoning products. You can also count on finding potatoes, at least four kinds of onion and vegetables. And in the freezer I try to keep fish, minced meat, fillet of chicken, berries, cinnamon rolls and ice cream. So go ahead! You won’t have to starve. And yes - I LOVE cooking!

3. Favorite color and how does this show up in your bead work?
I actually don’t know. Depends on what it’s for. I love blue in clothes and the sky but not on a house. Red is lovely, but hard to use in beads as everything reminds of Christmas. Green is great but it can be hard to find that perfect green (though CiM is getting really close!). Amethyst is lovely – I use it a lot. And the pinks! And amber! No, I can’t choose. Do I have to?


4. Making beads is solitary work. How do you handle that??? If you listen to music / watch videos, please share some of your playlist.
I love being by myself! I normally put the radio on though. Mostly a Swedish channel called RixFM, as it’s mostly music and nothing brain demanding. When I’m at the computer I often use Spotify (though not while I’m writing). I share my playlist with work music on Spotify: Arbetsmusik As I have relatively small kids (8 and 6) I normally get more noise than I need in a day!

5. Describe the most fun day you’ve ever had.
I’ve had lots of fun days… If I have to pick one it would probably be a day from my studying years. A spring ball, perhaps. In a long dress with lots of friends, a loved boyfriend, good food, drinks and dancing all night. They used to be fun.
But the most fun day does not have to be the best day. It’s seldom the fun that makes a day worth remembering. I prefer days when my mind is balanced and calm. (Like a perfect day in the sun by the ocean.) Or a day when I really accomplish something (like giving birth or do something I didn’t know I could).

6. If you had one wish, what would it be???
Please, let my kids grow up, healthy and reasonably happy, in a good world where people take care of the planet and each other.
(And pleeeaaase, let me be there to take part of their lives!)


7. Who do you most admire in glass and if you could take a class with that person, what would you most want to learn?
I think it would be Corina Tettinger. And I would certainly love to have her stringer control and encasing skills. Corina, please teach me!!! But there are A LOT of great lampworkers out there.

8. What is the first thing you do when you get home?
I’m almost always at home as I work from here. So nothing special springs to mind. Maybe go pee, as I hate public toilets!


9. Do you have a day job??? If yes, what is your favorite thing about it???
I’m a freelance writer. I love words so writing is good for my soul. And I get to meet lots of interesting people and learn about new things all the time.

10. Name three tv shows you watch but are kind of embarrassed about.
I’ve quit being embarrassed for things like this, I think. (Good thing about passing 40!) But I watch Grey’s anatomy, Cougar and CSI (the original). And also some Swedish tv shows I don’t think you know about.







Susanne's Website (Swedish) Susanne's Twitter


Babs Beads Fan PageBabsBeads on Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment