Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Diva of the Month Part 3 - Holly Dare

We are continuing our interview with Fire Diva Holly Dare - now it's time to get silly!

What is on your nightstand…list everything? My ipod player clock radio, an empty kleenex box full of nasal and allergy sprays, Grapefruit lip gloss, a beaded candlebra,  a phone, and the memorial bead I made with a beloved dogs ashes. (It's actually a worry stone shape and I caress that when I have trouble sleeping.) I have a cubby in my head board that holds my books and bead mags. 

If we were visiting, and starving and you weren’t home…what could we find in your pantry / fridge to use to whip up a meal? OMG! You could live in my house for a month or more if you didn't need milk! Frozen chicken and hamburger is always in the freezer in case I need cook for the pup. I keep frozen mini quiches for quick meals and my favorite frozen pasta from Trader Joes. You wouldn't starve here!

Favorite color and how does this show up in your bead work? Purple...surprisingly it doesn't show up a lot in my beads because there isn't a good opaque purple  that's stable. If some glass company could make that...OY!!!


 Making beads is solitary work. How do you handle that??? If you listen to music / watch videos, please share some of your playlist. I LOVE working alone. I always have. I'm never the most social person at work. I love to just get my work done and then play. But I do find listening to books on my ipod or music is great. My playlist is very eclectic. Top hits from the late sixties on. My current favorite song is Home by the Magnetic Zeroes.

Describe the most fun day you’ve ever had. It was a day spent with a producer and production manager from a special effects house we all worked at. We were working on the first motion based amusement park ride for a Tokyo park and it required shooting some of the great bodies of water here in the U.S. We were heading to Niagara where we were getting ready to drop a 70 mm camera down the falls and decided to take a diversion back to Gaulley River, West Virginia where we had just filmed. 

We took a red eye and Leeza Gibbons and her little girl sat behind us, kicking us all night long. We were so exhausted, we slept through coffee service on the next flight and had to drive an hour on no coffee. We got to our host house in middle of nowhere. His backyard was a stone precipice that hung out over a mountain gorge with a thousand foot drop.  It was fall, leaves turning. A little mountain train ran along the river below. We all curled up on this giant rock and dozed in the fall sun. We would wake up and our hosts would bring us coffee and giant sunflowers dried in the garden to munch on. Great conversation followed by more napping and more munchies. At sunset, we all went to dinner for a perfect meal and at sunrise, we ran the river rapids. Just the three girls and our Zen guide who knew the river better than the back of his hand. It was just perfect and relaxing. 

If you had one wish, what would it be??? That I would never have to worry about money ever again. EVER! I've wasted too much of my life on that!

Who do you most admire in glass and if you could take a class with that person, what would you most want to learn? Kim Neely. Her sense of color blows me away. Her patience for making huge  yet precise sets. And...I would want a photography lesson too!


What is the first thing you do when you get home? LOL! Take off my bra (Unless I did that while driving!) and love up the pupster. 

Do you have a day job??? If yes, what is your favorite thing about it??? I own a rubber stamp business that makes food safe rubber stamps. I've consulted with big corporate bakeries about getting imagery onto pastry and that led me to design my own images. I really do love working on the website and doing the graphic stuff best. It feels really creative. 


Name three tv shows you watch but are kind of embarrassed about. Just the embarrassing ones... Tori and Dean, Hollywood Husbands and anything on Lifetime on a Sunday afternoon.



Holly's Folly ~ Glass Holly's Folly Artfire


Holly's Folly Fan Page Holly's Folly on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment