Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Diva of the Month Part 4 - Holly Dare

I know everyone has had a great time learning more about our Diva of the Month, Holly Dare Hughes. Now it's time to wrap up the four-part interview! Read on to see what else Holly has to say.


Which of your secrets do we not know… is there something else you would like us to know about you or your work? I get so much joy from making beads. I love to laugh and I hope that shows in my work. I also love making memory beads, using cremains from beloved animals. I like knowing that my work helps someone through the grieving process.


How has your work changed since you began? Hopefully, it's gotten better! LOL! I always liked large beads but I'm not intimidated by the size and scale of what I'm working on like I was in the beginning. I realize I can work on a bead for HOURS if I just keep it warm. No more freaking out and just putting it in the kiln before I'm  finished.


What is the biggest challenge you want to accomplish in the next few months? Seriously, just staying in business. It's sad but with so many Chinese imports, I find it difficult to keep my head above water. It's hard to have to constantly educate customers on why they want to purchase artisan glass beads when there's so much inferior cheap crap out there. I know I will always NEED to make beads but just finding time to do it and have a day job is going to be hard.


What do you like about being a Fire Diva? Getting to know all the other Divas and their work intimately. It's great to have a support system that you can go to for advice or consolation or encouragement. Marketing wise, it's great to see what others are doing.

Holly's Folly ~ Glass Holly's Folly Artfire


Holly's Folly Fan Page Holly's Folly on Etsy

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say thanks to all the Divas for their support and this honor!!

    ReplyDelete