Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fire Divas Gossip Column!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all my patriotic friends out there!!! The Divas have been super busy with some great projects, mini vacations, and even a great charity event! I love when I get to sit back and just see all the cool things that we have been up to be it glass or not.

First off I am so pleased to welcome Kitty Bozzini of Kitty Lampwork to the Fire Divas! She is a super talented glass artist who has a way with color! Come check out her blog site to see all her wonderful glass goodies and learn a little more about her!

So I have to give my hats off to our wonderful Divas who are working hard to make our Beads Of Courage Auction a great success. Remember this is for those brave children who are fighting an incredible fight! Check out the ebay auction HERE!!

On a funny note, have you ever seen a grown woman run around screaming like a banshee and swatting at her hair?? Well this is what happened to me when I had THIS guy fly into my hair.... Needless to say I did not get any torching done that day :)

Susan Driscoll of Right Turn Artwerks also made me shed a tear from laughing so hard at the picture on her post. Her blog entry reminds us that a little rain never hurt anyone :)

I think I am with a lot of artist when I say custom orders have to be the most fun and the most challenging! Our Diva Patrice Shepherd of Shepherd Creations has two that will knock your socks off!! Check them out! See if you can guess which one made the cut!

Lara Lutrick of Lutrick Beads definitely has me green with envy!!! She recently attended the Fire and Rain Glass Retreat at Frantz Art Glass. Just looking at all that glass and great glass artists working is enough to make me squeal!! (Which I did by the way) Check out the blog and see for yourself!

Big is Beautiful especially when you use it to describe yummy glass beads!! Holly Dare of Holly's Folly Beads and Jewelry has been hard at work with big gorgeous focal beads! My personal favorite is the seashell. The colors are just amazing! I know you will agree that they are simply stunning!

Lori Bergmann of Ashlyn Design is a kindred spirit, like me she loves finding that special "treasure" in a book, a favorite hardware store, or that unlikely object that can be re-purposed for the art jewelry community! Check out her Friday Finds post to get this juicy scoop!!

Last but certainly not least is Susan Lambert of Susan Lambert Glass and Silver Jewelry. She has a keen eye for color and a great bead showing her inspiration from a great catalog! I love how ideas just seem to "pop off a page"

I wish you all a safe and happy Memorial Day. This is a great time to be with loved ones, honor our fallen heroes, and most of all make our own wonderful memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment