Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fire Divas Gossip Column!

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day Weekend!! I am pleased to announce that while I have been injured and not able to participate much in the Fire Divas over the past week and a half I have an appointment in the morning but all signs point to a pinched nerve which I am told is better than a rotator cuff injury (what I thought I had) Anyway I came into this holiday weekend with a new pep in my step and ready to finally catch up on what my wonderful Divas have been up to! I hope your weekend is full of BBQs, Family, and that last bit of Summer Fun before the kiddos go back to school (or you to work lol) So lets see what they have been up to shall we!

Julie Cannon of Julsbeads is probably just as excited at my 92 year gran about the start to football season! You should hear my gran scream when there is a touchdown she could probably give Julie a run for her money!! I love though that she has left us with some great autumn bead sets for that bit of eye candy we all need!! Yummy Beads Juls!!!

Holly Dare of Holly's Folly Bead and Jewelry has shown us what a little R&R can get you! She made a vow to herself to torch everyday during her vacation and the blog post in the link shows us what gorgeous beadie goodies you can create when you give yourself a little "me time"!!! Thank you Holly for posting these! Can't wait to see them all shined and cleaned up!!

Patrice Shepherd of Glass Art By Patrice not only has some amazing glass treasures to share with us but so many wonderful life happenings as well!! First off it is her Birthday Month and apparently during her B-Day week she gets to have a whole ball of fun!!! (Make note to have a birthday week this year!!), She will also be going back to college to get her bachelors and as if that was not impressive enough she will be interviewing for  a new position at work! She has promised that glass will never be too far away even though she is one busy Diva right now!! And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief!!!! You will love this post and her wonderful work!

Sonja McClung of Silver River Jewelry  has been dabbling in the world of abstract beading which is an amazing art form- I like to call this chaotic organization!! She has used so many lovely elements in this new piece (which will be a necklace!!) including what I think are some lovely dichro beads???? Either way this is a piece that I cannot wait to see finished!! I can only imagine how amazing this will look with all of her creativity and beads in place!!!

Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of your holiday with the Fire Divas and letting us be a part of this great weekend with you! Stay tuned for more amazing stories, beads and fun from all of us here at the Divas!!!


4 comments:

  1. Great article Michelle! Glad to hear it's not as bad as it could have been, and I hope you are able to heal up quickly and get back to your true passions soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patrice!!! I just loved your blog post!! I am so proud of you for getting back into school I will hopefully be going back for a degree in Renaissance Art or Scientific Glass. PS I love your boro beadies!!! The colors are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! So glad to hear that the injury is not as serious as it might have been!

    (and yes, those are dichro beads)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news indeed Michelle! Good luck at the doc!!!

    ReplyDelete