Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fire Divas Gossip Column!

As I reflect this morning on how important and significant this day will always be it makes me so thankful that I have my family and friends with me today. My husband was due to be in those buildings for a  meeting and through what can only be called an act of God, was still in a diner about 11 blocks away when the planes hit. I take a moment every September 11th, to thank God for allowing him to come home to us and to also pray for those who had to say goodbye to someone that day. This post is dedicated to all the families who have been affected by this tragedy.

First up we have a wonderful post from Kathleen Robinson-Young of Ugly Duckling Beads as I read her post about finding a great style of bead or art that will please the many diverse customers I am humbled by her talents in not only glass but metal as well! The beads you will see are truly works of glass art!

Julie Cannon of Julsbeads got a little taste of Autumn with her post on how lovely the weather got in Alabama. I love those moments when you can just let the fresh air in and breath! She must have received some inspirational vibes because the beads she shows are lovely shades of Fall at its best!

Holly Dare of Holly's Folly Bead and Jewelry shows us that a true artist can see the potential in just about anything and see the vision of a creation in the most unusual places! This post may not be about beads but I will give you a hint it made me hungry for a yummy cookie and hungry for a new craft!!! Thank you Holly for making me want to mess my diet up *Ü*

Lori Bergmann of Ashlyn Design also has a post that makes me want to do the chocolate fundraiser at school lol! However her idea of chocolate is more of a tribute to this wonderful edible confection! If you took a bite out of her chocolates you would be very sorry indeed!! Stop by to soak up all her sweet glass chocolate!!!

Susan Lambert of Susan Lambert Glass and Silver Jewelry had a wonderful time at the Lapidary Journal Beadfest! She shares a little about her teaching experience and even shows off a picture of the amazing bracelets that her class made! I know that this is one class I would be honored to take! Thanks Susan for sharing!

Please take a moment to reflect today. Tell the people that you love and care about how much they mean to you. We are not promised tomorrow and today has been a gift! If you are a crafty person embrace it! Inspire others by sharing your work! Thank you Divas for inspiring us today and letting us share a piece of your wonderful lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment