Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Diva of the Month - Sonja McClung - Part 4 (Conclusion)

Welcome to our conclusion of this month's Diva of the Month interview, with Sonja McClung of Silver River Glass and Jewelry.



We asked Sonja about her secrets - if there was anything we didn't yet know about her, or anything else she would like to share. "Nothing really secret," she says, "except for the fact that I am discovering that I like making the beads almost more than I like making jewelry."



How has Sonja's work changed since she began? "Well, I think its a lot better!" she laughs. "Also I am much more willing to try new techniques and things than when I first started, I have a lot more confidence in my skills than I did."



A challenge Sonja wishes to accomplish over the next few months is attaining greater mastery over a few more advanced glass techniques. "I want to get consistent results from some of the beautiful silver glasses that are out there" she says. "I also want to really work on stringer control and the masking techniques using dots."



And, of course we asked Sonja what she loves about being a Fire Diva. She tells us, "I really enjoy getting to know everyone and of course, I love to look at all of the gorgeous beads! It's nice to be a part of a group that doesn't roll their eyes and zone out when you discuss glass. And it's a wonderful way to network and promote all of our work."



Hope you enjoyed this month's interview, and stay tuned for our first Diva of 2011 next month!



Silver River Glass Works on Artfire ~ Silver River Glass Works on Etsy ~ Silver River Jewelry Blogspot ~ Silver River Glass Works and Jewelry Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment