Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Diva of the Month - Barb Reed Part 3

We're back for another interview with Barb Reed of River's Edge Glass. Let's hear what August's Diva of the Month has to say when we ask her Ten Silly Questions.

What is on your nightstand…list everything?
A couple of books, some magazines (mostly bead/wire related!), nail clippers, pad of paper for reminding me to do things (not that it helps that much), some scrap material from the blinds my daughter made for our bedroom, Tums, a rosary, spare pair of glasses, probably some other stuff too, but that’s all I can think of at the moment.



If we were visiting, and starving and you weren’t home…what could we find in your pantry / fridge to use to whip up a meal?
Well, you would definitely find some pasta and rice to cook, almost anything you needed to bake something, and about 213 different spices. In the frig, you’d find milk and juice, but if you were looking for something really fresh, you’d have to go out to the garden. You’d find tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, beans, peppers of all kinds, some zucchini, onions eggplant and a few other things to make yourself a delicious salad or meal.


Favorite color and how does this show up in your bead work?
Favorite color is green – in my beads I use it, but I don’t think really anymore than other colors.

Making beads is solitary work. How do you handle that??? If you listen to music / watch videos, please share some of your playlist.

Up until recently, I had a hot head so couldn’t listen to anything cause it was so loud. Now I usually just play the radio – usually a classic rock station. And my mind just wanders all over the place anyways.




Describe the most fun day you’ve ever had.
Most fun day I’ve had? Hard to answer this one about any one day specifically. Lots of the fun days often involve being on the water – usually canoeing or kayaking. That could be in many place from Michigan to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, Connecticut or Massachuesetts.

 
If you had one wish, what would it be???
Hmm that I was more organized and what’s the opposite of lazy anyways – I need to be that.
 
Who do you most admire in glass and if you could take a class with that person, what would you most want to learn? (Please include LINKS to their website!)
Glass drooling. There’s so many artists I really admire it’s hard to pick one person. Heather Trimlett - http://store.heathertrimlett.com/gallery - how does she do those fantastic discs? Kristina Logan – she has gorgeous discs in a whole different style. And my friend Tracy Bell – her happy heads just put a smile on your face - http://www.etsy.com/shop/TracyBell?ga_search_query=tracybell&ga_search_type=seller_usernames


What is the first thing you do when you get home?
Varies, but pretty often its checking my mail and email.

Do you have a day job??? If yes, what is your favorite thing about it???
No day job – I like to say I’m retired, but am fortunate that I don’t have to work at a full time job.

Name three tv shows you watch but are kind of embarrassed about.
NCIS – and reruns from it even though I’ve seen it before, I’m really not that much of a tv watcher for specific shows – lots of times its just background noise while I read.
River's Edge Glass on Artfire River's Edge Glass on EtsyRiver's Edge Glass on Flickr

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty beads, and I am so envious of the garden lol, I can almost taste those veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden is about 80% my husbands work - he even does a lot of the canning!

    ReplyDelete