Saturday, August 7, 2010

Diva of the Month - Barb Reed Part 4

So, we are wrapping up this month's Diva, Barb Reed. Here are her final thoughts.



Which of your secrets do we not know… is there something else you would like us to know about you or your work?

Secrets? I make and sell a very cool (I think) button mandrel that I designed with some help from my husband and a friend of his. http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=1261253



I can’t seem to do anything with silver glass – either I don’t have the patience for it or I’m afraid to just use it cause it’s so darn expensive!



Non glass related – that I lead all girl multi-day canoeing/kayaking trips for teens – usually a couple each summer and have been doing that for 10 years. (thru a girl scout program in our council called carabineers – even though my daughter has been out of scouts for at least 6 years)



How has your work changed since you began?
It’s gotten better I hope! I think my control is much better than it used to be.



What is the biggest challenge you want to accomplish in the next few months?
Biggest challenge – making it thru my son’s wedding in Sept! And getting my studio set up better!



I like being a fire diva because of the online friends I’ve made and the encouragement I get from them. Also the shared marketing and help! This is a great group of women to work with and promote each other!





River's Edge Glass on Artfire
River's Edge Glass on EtsyRiver's Edge Glass on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment