Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diva of the Month: Eileen Snyder (Part 3: 10 Silly Questions)

This Diva of the Month post, featuring Eileen Snyder of Dorset Hill Beads, is our "Ten Silly Questions." Here we go!

1. What is on your night stand? List everything?

I don’t have a night stand…I have a stack of 3 hat boxes stacked largest to smallest next to my side of the bed…On it is my cell phone and glasses…That’s it, nothing exciting..



2. If we were visiting, and starving and you weren’t home…what could we find in your pantry / fridge to use to whip up a meal?

Well, you would find chips and salsa, kids cereal, pancake mix, syrup and lots of snacks in the pantry…In the fridge you would find milk, cheese, left over something, probably an apple or two…In the freezer you would find salmon, short ribs, frozen broccoli, corn, ice cream and more ice cream…



3. Favorite color and how does this show up in your bead work?

I love color, however I tend to work with lots of green and blue…I think that shows in my work…



4. Making beads is solitary work. How do you handle that??? If you listen to music / watch videos, please share some of your playlist.

Honestly, I work without music…I like the SHHHHHHH sound of my extremely loud hothead torch…I find it very meditating…It is my “time alone” although I’m sad I won’t have this kind of “time alone” for a while…



5. Describe the most fun day you’ve ever had.

OMG…That is a hard hard question…I would have to say the summer’s in Wildwood, NJ; our many vacations in the past…Those were most fun because we could be laid back and carefree…



6. If you had one wish, what would it be???

My one wish would be a wish to live happy, joyous and free to be ME on a daily basis…Life is what it is and I desire to be PRESENT in every moment for myself, my loved ones and the world around me…



7. Who do you most admire in glass and if you could take a class with that person, what would you most want to learn? (Please include LINKS to their website!)

I love the work of so many glass artists…If I had to pick one today it would be Shari Sislonski http://www.etsy.com/shop/sislonski …I love her use of colors, the designs she creates and I also adore the way she photographs her creations…That would be what I would love to learn from Shari…



8. What is the first thing you do when you get home?

The first thing I love to do when I get home is change into more comfy clothes…I am a very casual person but when I’m home I love to be even more comfy casual, sweats, tees, the bigger the better…



9. Do you have a day job??? If yes, what is your favorite thing about it???

YES, I have a day job…I work in a lab at Hopkins as an administrator…What I love most is working with young adults, students and professors from all over the world…These are wonderful people trying to make a difference in our lives…I find it amazing and exciting…



10. Name three tv shows you watch but are kind of embarrassed about.

I’m not a big TV watcher but I do watch a few reality shows on a very regular basis…Big Brother, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance…I also like to occasionally watch, Lie To Me, Bones, House, CSIs…I can’t say I’m embarrassed about any of them because I like them…



Dorset Hill Beads on Etsy Dorset Hill Beads on TwitterDorset Hill Beads on Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment