Saturday, July 23, 2011

Diva of the Month (Part 4): Rosemarie Hanus



Good Evening Everyone. This post is coming a day late - sorry about that! Just the same I know you are all looking forward to seeing the concluding article for Rosemarie Hanus of Spawn of Flame. Rose is such a sweetheart for answering all of our questions...and I hope you've visited her sites often to say hello and maybe left her a little message or two. If you haven't done it yet - please stop by her Blog, Etsy, ArtFire or Twitter and let her how much you enjoyed getting to know her. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Which of your secrets do we not know… is there something else you would like us to know about you or your work?
I also like to call myself a musician. I current play Horn (informally known as French Horn even though it is German in origin) in a local brass choir - along with two other family members!

How has your work changed since you began?
Many of my original pieces were large and based on twisted canes with a distinct pattern. Now, more of my work is based on layered colors - more of a focus on color than structure. It is also smaller - much, much smaller!

What is the biggest challenge you want to accomplish in the next few months?
I want to stock up on most of my sets to be prepared for my busy season.
I also want to start offering more larger beads including focals. I have recently been exploring some new techniques to incorporate into my work to freshen my line. I have also challenged myself to say "my line" without feeling like I am being pretentious.

What do you like about being a Fire Diva?
I like watching what everybody is making; I particularly have enjoyed the challenges recently - trying to guess who made what. I like sharing Fire Diva's work with others, in Etsy Treasuries and ArtFire Collections for example. Even though I'm sort of a solitary person, I really like to be a part of a group of people with common interest (glass!) and goals (successful glass business).


Thank You Rosemarie !

No comments:

Post a Comment